Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mud and Snow


Clarence and his little flock enjoying a sunbeam in the barn



About a week ago the weather seemed like it was getting better and we had high hopes that Spring was on its way. Cue to drop a foot of snow! The snow brought sub zero temperatures with it - the lowest nighttime low being -19. A few days ago we had -2 with a -19 windchill. Brr!!! It has continued to snow off and on since last week. Huge flakes are falling from the sky even as I write this. But it is getting warmer out, the snow is heavier and wetter and the temperature is staying in the 20's and 30's instead of the negative numbers.











Before the snow fell, Jay was able to work on repairing the road leading up to the cabins last week. It was severely rutted and in need of grading. He added a few truckloads of dirt to the road and dug a drainage ditch alongside of it. After smoothing it out with the truck plow, it looks and rides much better!













The past few weeks have been hard for me as I received a phone call on the 18th of February that my maternal grandmother had passed away from a heart attack. It has been very hard for me as well as difficult to be so far away from my family at this time. I am comforted that my Grandma and I had a wonderful relationship and that I have many, many wonderful memories of our times together.

The weekend of the 20th we were very pleased that Jay's parents were able to come and visit. It was a good time of family gatherings and laughter. It is always wonderful to see them...and I always wish they could stay longer!

We were able to buy our plane tickets last week for our trip to Kansas this spring. I am more excited than ever as I anticipate seeing family and friends. I am also thrilled to be able to attend Rebekah and Nathan's wedding! YAY!

Blessings to you all!


Jay and Tiffany













No comments:

Post a Comment